Mid-Century Ranch Style home on .30 acre corner lot. Home was originally built in 1957. Sometime in the 1970s the house was modified adding roughly 400 sqft to the existing home. Today, the home is 1992 sqft and is currently being remodeled. At purchase, the home was 3 bedrooms and 1.5 bath which was in desperate need of modification and improvements to resolve many of the issues the home had.
The biggest and most costly issues are the plumbing and drainage. The remaining issues to be resolved were the odd layout of rooms and damage from deferred maintenance. The previous attempts to resolve the main problems of the home resulted in more work to undo the attempts and correctly identify the problem and implement the resolutions.
Current plans are in place to convert this existing home to a 4/2 with dedicated laundry, formal dining, open floor plan, pantry in the closet and true linen closets for the bathrooms. In addition, an open room to be used as a flex room with patio doors leading to a covered back patio.
New plans include
- New plumbing, entering slab to remove cast iron plumbing and extending to the rear of the home. Outside, new lines to be dug with new plumbing lines to ensure proper functioning inside and outside of the home.
- New updated electrical throughout the home, new fixtures and protection in the wet areas.
- New layout – framing in and framing out to produce a layout that is conducive to the modern family living.
- New exterior sidewalks and drainage to include curbs and design to take the water away from the home and provide excellent curb appeal.
- Raising the roof on the exterior of the home to allow for the new door which will be 70″ across the back providing an excellence source of natural lighting.
- Reworking floorplan to allow 1/2 bath to a full bath to include a shower, vanity, toilet and small window for natural lighting. The area that use to be a large utility room with limited function will now be a bedroom with that opens to the once half bath. In this room, the space will be configured to put in a walk-in closet as well.
- Guest bath, which is over-sized will have all new plumbing, new sheetrock, new vanity with double sinks, flooring, full linen closet, new fixtures in plumbing and lighting.
- Home will have all new windows that are energy efficient vinyl windows.